Go to the Main Business Forum page

ebay Test... Latest Results! [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : ebay Test... Latest Results!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Diane Everroad
August 4, 2002, 03:27 PM
Hello,

Some of you know what I'm talking about here. Some of you don't. So, let me give a very brief rundown on what I've created. :-)

About 4 weeks ago I created a system for selling on ebay, which I thought to be an extremely effective ebay selling system. I put this system together in only 7 hours.

However, this system was based on our 3 years of Internet sales and marketing experience. And, also, almost 30 years of personal combined direct mail, copywriting, and sales experience.

This is the main reason why it only took 7 hours to put together... 30 years experience makes for short learning curves on new ventures. :-)

Now for the latest test results.

Week One: ROI was 1,072%

Week Two: ROI was 1,845%

Week Three: Due to other business commitments, I had to skip that week.

Week Four: (Now this is where it gets interesting!) I revised my selling system to test how this would affect the ROI.

I deliberately "weakened" my listings by *not* using the selling system I created.

And the ROI dropped dramatically!!!

The current ROI is only at 234%. Yes, it is still making a profit... but not anywhere close to the first test runs.

Now, I don't know about you... but, I want the highest ROI I can get for my time and money! :-)

So, for the next test cycle, I will go back to using my original selling system to compare the results again.

Oh… I forgot to mention… in my cycles of testing, I'm using different types of items to list on ebay. Again, it’s the selling system I’m testing, not the items I list for sale. I want to know, “Will this system produce the same results no matter what I list?”

Now, to answer a couple of questions I received earlier. Why now? Because at the time, I couldn't provide an answer. Now I can... not completely, but at least to some degree due to the test results.

The following were 2 wonderful questions...

"I'm going to play the devil's advocate here. Using Dan Kennedy's line, "(1)Why should I buy from *you* as opposed to all the other options available to me (2)including doing nothing?"

Well at the time this question was posed to me, I couldn't give an answer... because except for the one ebook I had purchased for $13 right before I put my selling system together, I had NOT looked at anyone else's writings, books, ebooks, websites, etc., on how to sell on ebay.

Nothing, nada, zilch.

I had never even been to ebay! It was just nothing that had ever caught my attention. I was simply too busy with my other projects.

So, how did ebay finally catch my attention?

Well, there as an estate sell, and we were interested in purchasing the house. No, we didn't buy the house. However, I found the auction and the interaction of the people simply fascinating!

I *love* Sociology... and the auction was great!

After the auction, I mingled with some of the buyers. I asked, "Why did you buy that?" "What are you going to do with that?"

Interestingly, the women were *very* evasive. The men, on the other hand, were quite open! They told me what they were doing and why they were doing it. They were buying the items (low) to sell (high)!

Next Saturday, I went to another estate sell. Same thing happened. Only this time, several of the people asked me, "So, what do you do?"

When I told them, *each* one said, "With your computer knowledge and selling experience, you NEED to be selling on ebay!!!"

O.K... now they have my attention. :-)

Next Sat., I went to my 3rd auction. This time I did better. Two women opened up to me. Yep... they, too, were selling on ebay.

Again, I was told, "With your computer knowledge and selling experience, you NEED to be selling on ebay!!!"

All right, I thought, I don't need to be hit with any more bricks over my head. I've got the idea. :-)

So, I purchased the one ebook from someone online that I had purchased a different product from. I read through the ebook, and realized... I can do that!

Next, I put my own selling system together... in 7 hours. I used the exact same techniques I had learned to use for all my other successful Internet ventures.

I listed my first group of items on ebay. And it worked! The results were wonderful! I thought, "Wow! I have something here!"

I decided to test my selling system. (And, I'm enjoying doing so immensely!)

Again… great results!

Now, back to the question, "Why should I buy from *you* as opposed to all the other options available to me?

Well, after listing items for testing round 3, I began looking at some of the other ebay information books and websites.

My honest opinion... they are *over* complicating the "how to" aspect of selling on ebay!

As an individual...

I don't have, nor want, to take the time it would take to read through a 500-page book on how to sell on ebay.

I don't want to go to a website that takes 3 hours of my time looking for the "best software" to use.

I don't want to get an Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's Degree on this topic.

And lastly, I don't want to be "sold to" like I was in college. What do I mean here?

Well, did you ever notice the size and weight of all of those textbooks? Did you ever notice how the authors were more interested in showing you how smart they were, instead of how to teach YOU the subject? And, lastly, except for the truly outstanding teachers in our lives, did you ever notice how most of them simply wanted to make the subject more difficult than it needed to be... to insure themselves of a job?

I did... and I bet you did too! :-)

If you're like me... you just want to know... "How do I do this, in the shortest amount of time, to get the highest ROI my money, and with the quickest turn-around time."

I'm not suggesting you simply buy from just anyone who sells a "small package." But, I am saying... buy from someone who is an expert in his or her field, and who teaches you in the simplest and quickest manner!

Also, you want to purchase items/products that give you more in USE value than you gave in CASH value!

Usually, to be successful at any endeavor, most people must begin getting immediate, positive results! Why? Most people don't have the strong self-image it takes to "stick it out!"

That's why there are more people looking for jobs, than there are those who create jobs. :-)

Remember… in whatever you do, begin getting results NOW! You can always get more information/education on any topic if you want to become an expert!

O.k… at last, I’m done. I need to get moving.

I hope my loooooong reply has helped to answer the questions. :-)

Thanks for you time.

Cordially,
Diane Everroad

P.S. Oh yeah, question #2, “…including doing nothing?" Well, simply put: “Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained.” :-)

Try It... It Works! (http://www.flattenyourstomach.com)
http://www.flattenyourstomach.com/small-cover.gif

Some recent posts on the forum...

[CaRP] This appears to be an HTML webpage, not a feed.

This is a SOWPub Archive page