Go to the Main Business Forum page

Start-up Advice please: Gateway or Portal page & hosting? [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Start-up Advice please: Gateway or Portal page & hosting?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Dave
February 14, 2003, 08:26 AM
Need some wisdom here folks. I need to make an introduction page to present a "one on one personal referral" to explain and pre-sell my offer before sending them on to my corporate site. I also need to capture their email addy and post links/adds for my other upcoming sites/services. Those also need the same kind of intro pages. I have the domain for the first one, but no host yet. For reasons I'll spare you from, (it's a long sad story), we have almost no budget to work with. It was a finesse to get one domain at GoDaddy and I need a couple more plus hosting. I know it's not realistic to start a biz with no capital, but I need to shoestring this as much as possible without being completely hokey. I grew up on a dryland farm and so am very well aquainted with "making do" in the real world, but not sure the best way to do that on the web. What is the best affordable way to start? Are there any of the free hosts that are OK? I kind of hate to go there at all, but budget may require it for the first month or two, just for the intro pages. Who would you recommend for quality free or low cost hosting?
I know I need to start my list. Am I on the right track with the intro page idea? I thought something just like you would say if you were telling a friend about it.

The first is for the ispvip.biz/netgold isp service & biz-opp.

The next would be for my organic farm & garden consulting biz which will develop into a free and paid newsletters and/or private site later.

The third is my wife's health site with vegetarian/vegan recipies, cooking seminars, and natural health through healthy lifestyle info and seminars.

Organics is the fastest (the only) growing,& profitable segment of agriculture and health is always near the top search words and we have a tremendous wealth of experiance and very valuable knowledge in these areas. Not to mention being able to feel real good about the mission of helping people be healthier with good, clean, "pesticide residue-free" food. Drug-free ways to lower cholesterol, etc.
Two things are roadblocking us here: lack of experiance online marketing (I have been soaking up all I could since Nov) and lack of capital.
I have and will put things on ebay, but selling our antique odds-n-ends for 5 cents on the dollar of "book value" is kind of a depressing way to raise money. Good catagories, good photos, good copy. I guess it's a buyer's market with the economy the way it is.
Sorry to ramble on, but I noticed whenever someone posts for biz advice, you need more info to give a good reply.
What about joint-ventues or investors?
Anyone interested in the subjects above is welcome to email us direct.

Any suggestions are very welcome, Thanks in advance.
Dave Horn

PS: It's not too late to get in on the ground floor of this isp biz-opp. They are going into UK and Aus in April and translating languages for Europe now to enter this summer. I haven't found anything negative anywhere and it appears they are going global. Has anyone checked this out?

Too Good To Be True? No, We Can All Have A Gold Mine! (http://www.ispvip.biz/netgold)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page