Go to the Main Business Forum page

Niche opportunity here? What do you think? [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Niche opportunity here? What do you think?

Pages : [1] 2

Philip
February 14, 2003, 07:40 PM
Hi all

(I'm cross posting this on a couple of other boards - it's a bit specific and I want to increase my chances of finding someone "in the know")

Anyway...

Something just popped into my life which could represent an opportunity.

As some of you know, my wife and I run an online proofreading business (www.proofreadingservices.com). It brings in more than it costs (which makes it "successful"), but the income stream can be a bit lumpy.

This morning we got a reqest from a guy who wants to know if we can proof and put into "screenplay format" a piece he has written.

"Screenplay format"? What's that? I thought. Seems like folks who submit screen plays to film types (producers, whatever, or whoever you send screenplays to!) have to make sure they adhere to a very rigidly defined format, which appears to be just that - a particular format. Nothing more fancy than that.

I did a bit of Google hunting and found that there is even softwre which takes care of the job, though I suspect that a good knowledge of Word might do just as well.

So what do you think? A nice litle niche to pursue - proofreading for screenplays, or don't waste my time?

Any movie-types out there who can tell me if I'm talking twaddle?

Philip
p.s. - don't bother picking me up on any typos in this post - I can spell perfectly but can't type worth a damn:-)

100% Accurate Proofreading (http://www.guaranteed-proofreading-services.com)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page