Go to the Main Business Forum page

Are YOU too off to a fast start this first day of 2007? Set the pace early... [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Are YOU too off to a fast start this first day of 2007? Set the pace early...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

DBeavers
January 2, 2007, 11:28 AM
and let it carry you into the New Year.

Like many regulars of online forums, my business is primarily offline, in the world of brick and mortar. My offline clients are mostly enjoying the extended weekend with the combined New Year's Day holiday, followed by the federal holiday, Day of Mourning, for President Gerald Ford.

With the federal gov't shut down, including the Federal Reserve and Post Office, many businesses opted to give employees an extended weekend. I'll call on a few clients today, but won't hit it hard until tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'll be busy taking care of the home office tasks of switching out 2006 catalogs for those suppliers who had sent their new 2007 replacements out last month.

Techinically, my sales year starts September, and with a 25% increase year to date, I hit the ground running starting 4 months ago.

January 1st just gets more attention, although it doesn't reflect most companies' business year.

Dennis Bevers

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page