Go to the Main Business Forum page

The "Power" of "words"! [Archive] - Page 11 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The "Power" of "words"!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16

Don Alm
January 4, 2007, 11:37 AM
....a PHONE and a FAX....gets "me" past the "rejectionist"!

Re: My "TV Channel Stands" and "Magnetic Foto-Calendars for Car Buyers".

I've found I can get past the "rejectionist" by simply;
1) making a phone call to my prospect's office
2) telling the "protector of her boss's time" that I have a "New Promotion Idea" I'd like to "fax" to "the boss"
and
3) if she would give me their Fax # I can fax it over to see if "the boss" has any interest

This usually gets me the Fax #...whereupon I fax a photo of a sample of my product with "THEIR COMPETITOR" on it....stating that "Their Competitor" is now using my product and to "FILL IN AND FAX BACK TO ME...THE INQUIRY FORM" at the bottom of this sheet!

I NOW have TWO "POWERFUL MECHANISMS" working for me;
1) The power of the words I use; "Can you business handle an extra 10 Pizzas a night? or, "I can put your Business Logo, Name, Address and Phone on the REFRIGERATOR of every one of your Car Buying Customers, for the next year!"
and....
2) When my prospect sees a Sample of HIS COMPETITOR on my product...his "Greed Glands" or "Competitive Adrenalin" kicks up and his "Innate Curiosity" FORCES him to respond.....mainly because...."he does NOT want his competition to gain an upper hand in HIS MARKETPLACE!"

Can you see the "POWERFUL PSYCHOLOGY" here?

Then....when "the Boss" sends ME a Fax back....I "skate right past "the protector". In fact, when I enter her office...I am greeted with a "Cordial Welcome AND an offer of a cup of coffee!" (It happened yesterday)

So....no more reason for "COLD, In-Person" sales calls....I'm going for "Phone & Fax". Plus....makes me "feel" and "appear" more "professional".

Don Alm
(Send me an email if you'd like me to send you info on my progress with these projects....with the words "TV Channel Guides" or "Magnetic Foto Calendar" in the subject lines)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page