Go to the Main Business Forum page

TV Channel Stands [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : TV Channel Stands

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Skip Rosell
January 13, 2007, 12:32 PM
There has been talk if TV Pizza stand would work or not work and the problems with the idea. Don has presented the idea here but it is not a NEW idea. This has been around for a long time and some companies that have marketed this nation wide and have made millions.

That just goes to show it can work. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Can you do it in YOUR area? Yes, but it will take work like any other business. Yes you will be competing with some heavy hitters is SOME of the Hotels and Motels. But there is enough business out there in most areas where you could make a go of it.

Just doing a quick search I came up with theses:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=%22TV+Channel+Stands%22&btnG=Search

The first one listed has been around since 1991 and you can even see samples of the stands on their web site.

http://www.hoteltvchannelstands.com/

Now instead of debating if it will work or if it will not work, how about some NEW ideas based on the Pizza stand. It might have to be twisted and turned a bit but then YOU would have a product that will be all yours. Let me start the idea market flowing.

No I have not worked this idea or even investigated the idea and do not plan on doing so. I do not have thousands of customers to back up this idea. It is just an idea that twists and turns on the idea that Don presented. That is the beauty of putting out ideas on a board like this; others pick up on it and make it better and more profitable. OR change it entirely.

Each telephone in each room there are 10 numbers. From zero to nine. Some of these numbers are taken like 0 for operator and 9 for an outside line. Maybe one for the front desk. But some of the numbers are not in use.

How about setting up the rest of the numbers for information services. And YES some will get them a Pizza or Chinese food. With today’s technology I do not think this would be too hard to set up. Does anyone here know about phone systems and if this would work?

Just a sticker on each phone with the items of information each number will get the guest will be all that is needed to: 1. Save the desk from answering the same questions and; 2 will get the guest the services they need.

With a system like that I bet you could charge even more then the national firms get for the advertising on the TV Stands. Anyone have any other ideas to turn a profit with the basic idea?

Best of success,

Skip Rosell

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page