Go to the Main Business Forum page

Need Advice for a Web Page That Promotes Local Businesses [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice for a Web Page That Promotes Local Businesses

Pages : [1] 2 3

Griff Owens
January 20, 2007, 03:40 PM
Okay, let's say I've noticed a house cleaning businesss website in my town which looks nice. It seems to be a nice company.

Is there a way I can help to promote her site and her business on the web by setting up a search engine-friendly page for house cleaning in this town and then linking to her site? Let's say if I put her on the page as an exclusive.

Should I set it up as a "pre-screened" referral sort of site, or would that be necessary? Would the search engine hits be good enough if I found the right keywords or would I need to promote the site elsewhere (as I don't have a bunch of money to invest and I want to keep it as simple as possible)?

And how could I find the best keywords that get the most hits? If I did a site only for housecleaing, what else could I put on there aside from just her? Would something like automotive be better (or medical/dental)?

I need to know the best strategy.

Would I be better off setting up a community sort of site with exclusive businesses on there? I simply want to offer people like this something so that a lot of traffic is driven to their site and they could just pay me a modest amount.

Also, what other ways could I find business for business locally, as though I'm finding the work but they're doing the work?

Your thoughts, please.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page