Go to the Main Business Forum page

Da MAIN THING about "being yer own boss" is...... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Da MAIN THING about "being yer own boss" is......

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Don Alm
February 9, 2007, 08:37 PM
You kin live ANYWHERE in da world ya wanna live.
I chose Roseburg, Oregon because I kin be at the beach in 60min East(beachcombing & ATVing on da sand dunes)...and, in da snow (cross country skiing and snowmobiling) the other way, West, in 90 min....and, in "culture" (at da Hult Center) and good shopping in Eugene, 60 min North.

PLUS....and DIS is a "Heavy PLUS"....within 10 min from my front door...I kin be on da TOP (imho) Steelhead and Chinook Salmon FISHING RIVERS in da world....da UMPQUA RIVER.

Where I just came from catching an 18lb steelhead.

I don't know 'bout you folks but....me....entroopeneerism....has given me...da FREEDOM to live....WHERE I WANNA LIVE and DO WHAT I WANNA DO....WHEN I WANNA DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So...my POINT IS;

Ya got an idee to make some moolah....ON YER OWN? GIVE 'ER A TRY!

If you "place your destiny" on..."da Gummit" or...a "Company" or an "Industry" or...."anyone OTHER than yerself"....you could have a "rude awakening" sometime in the future.

Then...when da "rug is swept out from under yer feet"....WHATCHA GONNA DO...to....MAINTAIN A GOOD LIFESTYLE....fer yerself an' yer famly?

So....my "advise" this GREAT DAY OF FISHING....AN'....LIVING....WHERE "I" WANNA LIVE.....because "I" CHOSE to LIVE HERE!....is;

GIT SOMTHIN' STARTED!

TAKE DA FIRST STEP TO GIT IT GOIN'!

YOU ONLY GO 'ROUN ONCE"!

Don Alm

Excuse my "dese & dose" references today....as a former Chicagoan... I'm "recovering" from da SuperBowl loss last Sunday. (DOWN wit da Bears!)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page