Go to the Main Business Forum page

Cash Parking [Archive] - Page 20 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cash Parking

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25

Sam
February 28, 2007, 06:00 AM
It would be great if you could share your $4.95 domain registrar with us.

Sure thing its www.netfirms.com just signed up my first domain. I got the link from about.com so I presume their reasonably adequate. They also give you 25mb free web hosting, which is enough if you want to create a very basic landing website. To find my domain name I used a misspelling of betfair.com (a UK betting exchange that generates good traffic). I found my variation through a misspelled domain generator this gave me my domain (betfakr.com) that obviously exchanges the i to a mistyped k, quite a nice tool. Although I did have to search through about 20 misspellings to find an available misspelling (just shows you people must be doing this). I created a sedo account. I then used my netfirm control panel to forward this domain to my new sedo.com parking account. I have also changed the keyword to optimize my advertisements, although this can take up to 48 hrs. I don't really care if I lose money it's a very interesting concept. For $5 I couldn't resist.

Keep you posted.. oh yeah thanks for the coupon tip!

PS: Might have to register, haven't been around sowpub since the forum changed to this version. Looks nice

Some recent posts on the forum...

[CaRP] This appears to be an HTML webpage, not a feed.

This is a SOWPub Archive page