Go to the Main Business Forum page

Sitting Positions while working on Computer [Archive] - Page 6 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sitting Positions while working on Computer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Sandi Bowman
February 24, 2007, 01:29 AM
The exercise ball thing always kinda scared me lest I fall over backward and land on my neck or spine and so on.

Here's an idea for you, Ankesh. Standing is okay for awhile but eventually one wants to sit or lean at least, so...why not try one of those sit/stand type high stools like they use in warehouses? They adjust so you can have them fit the individual for maximum comfort. It's easy to sit or lean as backups when standing just doesn't do it any longer. They also have a posture type like those old kneeling stools.

The problem with the kneeling ones is the pressure on the knees and the perpetually bent position. Excellent for back posture because of the forward tilt of the thighs which forces the back into a straight position. The warehouse stool has the same effect, if set up right, without the bent knees problem.

One caution: when leaning, be sure not to lock your knees or they'll be very painful before long.

Sandi Bowman

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page