Go to the Main Business Forum page

Web 2.0 marketing. Some food for thought. And your OPINIONS are highly encouraged... [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Web 2.0 marketing. Some food for thought. And your OPINIONS are highly encouraged...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Ankesh
February 25, 2007, 12:23 PM
Thanks for writing about web 2.0 Gordon.

I think every good marketer should study the techniques of FutureNowInc.com

They've helped sites get 5-10-20% response rates consistently. Even as high as 60% response rates! That is unheard of in the direct marketing world.

I'm not sure if they call it web 2.0 selling - but what they do is give people options based on their personalities. One site will have 4-16 different sales funnels based on 4-16 different imaginary personality profiles.

More than direct person-to-person contact - what web 2.0 has done is shown how easy it is to give different options to sell the same thing depending on what people show what they like. For me, web 2.0 is simply better "user interactivity".

In direct marketing jargon - its latency based (or trip wire based) marketing on steroids.

Which product does a customer buy? What information did he read or search for to make that purchase decision? How long before he showed interest in the product did he actually buy it?

Based on such questions - show more relevant buying options to the customer - in real time.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page