Go to the Main Business Forum page

Four KEY ideas to consider if you haven't yet committed to a business... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Four KEY ideas to consider if you haven't yet committed to a business...

GordonJ
March 18, 2007, 11:42 AM
or if you've committed to the wrong one.

Taken from 7 Steps to Freedom II by Ben Suarez.

Ben: "I would recommend starting a business with a product or service with which you already have some expertise."

Do you think this is sound advice? I see so many people online whose focus is on their bottom line...that is, just want to make money, that they don't give much thought into starting a business.

As I've written extensively in the last year that a HOTSHEET, one that you know something about...and YOU do know something we don't....might help you to get a better focus before you commit to the wrong business.

Ben: "In any type of business, in order to be successful, you must offer a product or service that has DEMAND and effectively sell that product or service to your customers." (all emphasis is mine)

One reason Dave Thomas founded Wendy's is he saw the demand at McDonald's, Burger King and regional hamburger joint...he brought a superior product and SUPERIOR MARKETING to the game..."Where's the Beef".

Don't be scared off by competition, find a way to effectively sell your product or service.

Ben: "If you don't have a business already and are ready to start one from scratch, you might as well go into the best type of business as well as the products and services that will best fulfill your goals and objectives."

AH. The "catch" for so many. Goals and objectives. What do you want? It seems to all come back around to that SQUARE ONE question, doesn't it?

The Secret is HOT, whether you belive or not, care or not...it is taking on a life of it's own with a slew of people ready to ride the wave...and in order for The Secret to work...to attract anything...you have to know WHAT YOU WANT TO ATTRACT, right?

There were 178 NEW Billionaires added to the list this year...and Paul Pilzer predicts that there will be ONE MILLION new millionaires created between 2006-2016. Will be one of them? We know of at least one person's plan to DO IT (and then party like one, he he)...

If WEALTH attraction and FREEDOM are on your mind or plate, then what PLAN or steps to obtain it are you taking?

And finally, Ben says: "The main advantage of a direct-marketing business is that you can market the product or service across the nation and around the world all from one location."

My opinion is that the Internet is a form of direct marketing.

Those words were written back in the 80's, when Ben was only doing 30-50 million a year or so.

The REASON for my current frenzy and detour from the RV Trip for a short while with all the 7 Steps to Freedom stuff is...

my eyes have been open to 2007 current marketing techiques and I have seen some phenomenal results of it...PHENOMENAL.

PHENOMENAL enough to make this old geezer want to take at least one last ride on the thrilling Direct Maketing roller coaster.

Now guys like Ben Suarez and Gary Halbert, Dean DuVall, Jim Straw...all my old MASTERS, are enjoying their golden years...and others are getting less interested and making way for the new crop to take over. THIS year is going to be the baton hand-off. And if you have an ounce of desire in you for FREEDOM, you'll declare this the year you make a COMMITTMENT to your own success.

Jay Alexander (Old Timer with a 2nd wind)

PS. ONE good way to achieve to your FREEDOM is with Jim Straw's MCE. https://paydotcom.com/r/11834/gjabiz/498243/ (https://paydotcom.com/r/11834/gjabiz/498243/)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page