Go to the Main Business Forum page

Can you add to this list of things in the REAL world you'd like to see or learn about [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Can you add to this list of things in the REAL world you'd like to see or learn about

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

GordonJ
March 20, 2007, 11:52 AM
How to hire people.

Employees or Contractors? Both?

Would a complete A to Z here is what you need to do to hire employees help...including your Federal Number, Tax forms, handbooks, contracts, etc. etc. Would that help?

Would seeing a real life contract, that gets put into force, help? That is, for example, I have a few Copywriter/Writer contracts around, each different. OR a Copywriter % contract? Non-Compete and Non-Disclosure?

How about a complete HOW TO CHOOSE BENEFITS for your employees? Too?

How to raise money.

For the business itself? For new products? For NEW marketing campaigns?
Raising money is both easy and difficult, depending on your goals. IF you are in a start-up and need some serious cash, with research and all that, or if you are a bootstrapper, or a Product Developer...

Many inventors I've worked with want to RAISE money, yet are totally clueless about what it really takes to get a product to the marketplace...so I guess the question is: How to raise money for WHAT?

And I suppose that would create several ANSWERS too, right?

How to sell the company. Good question. We saw in another post that the great late nite TV salesman, Ron Popeil just sold his company RONCO for 77 million dollars and a consulting contract.

Was it a cash deal? Was it any equity? He says the day to day decision making is behind him...he appears to want to create and play with his young children.

Taking large sums of money vs annuity? Good questions. Why sell the company? Good question.

It seems Ankesh there seems to be MOUNTAINS of information on these subjects, BUT a dearth of REAL, firsthand, HOW TO information. Most of the books and reports I've read on these subjects are general and superficial. How about you?

Thanks for some good questions Ankesh.

GJA

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page

SOWPub Small Business Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The SOWPub Small Business Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.sowpub.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.sowpub.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.