Go to the Main Business Forum page

Here's some REAL..."Seeds of Wisdom".... [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Here's some REAL..."Seeds of Wisdom"....

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Don Alm
March 23, 2007, 12:27 AM
I also added this "Marketing Tidbit" that I've used numerous times. A different example of "Cross-Over" Marketing.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

What would people LIKE to have that could "SAVE THEM TIME" and TROUBLE....and HELP THEM....in their "GROCERY SHOPPING"?

A "Pre-Printed Grocery List"!

With the NAME & Logo (and address) of the Grocery Store at the top and 4 columns of "Grocery Items" in alphabetical order....

and....

YOUR BUSINESS NAME & ADDRESS at the Bottom and on the Back!

Now....have 10, 000 (or more) of these sheets printed ($25/1,000 = $250) (Have the Manager of the Store tell you how many transactions there are in a week....or 2)

The Grocery Store agrees to put your "Grocery Lists" IN THE BAGS of each and every shopper as they go thru the checkout line. It's FREE to them...and WILL..... help them GAIN some "brownie-points" and APPRECIATION....from THEIR SHOPPERS!

Another "Win-Win"...CROSS-OVER

Don Alm
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

Just a "simple" promotion that almost ANY business can use to "gain EXPOSURE".

When I put together my first "Grocery List" for a small chain store....I had advertisers around the edges....on the back and bottom....and printed 100,000.

100,000 copies of anything....is worth a NICE-CHUNK OF CHANGE to ANY business.

The last time I did one of these, the store I worked with had 3,500 cash register transactions A DAY!....and took less than ONE MONTH to go thru 100,000 copies....AND....the GREAT THING about THIS "Money-Making Promotion" (for a Home-Based, ONE-Person business) is....

...."THE GROCERY STORE IS YOUR "PARTNER".....YOUR "Credibility" is NOT Questioned. It's the "Grocery Store" who is "Standing Behind YOU!"

This is why...everytime I've done one of these...I am able to charge a minimum of $500 PER ADVERTISER....and can EASILY get 25 Advertisers to pay ONE-HALF A CENT per Shopping List!

25 x $500 = $12,500
less $15/ 1000 x 100 = $1500 Printing cost

So the NET-NET here is $11,000. Distribution is FREE! The Cashiers stuff the Lists into EACH SHOPPING BAG!

So....use this idea yourself....if your business would like to reach "Grocery Shoppers" (you won't have to print 100,000 for YOUR individual promotion) ....or...use this as a "Quick and Easy" money-maker for yourself.

Make up a "Sample MockUp"....go show the Grocery Store Manager. Get his OK and preferably an "Intro Letter" on the store's Letterhead...to show your potential advertisers....then go "hit the bricks"....showing your Sample and Letter to as many business (and even Professionals and Dentists and Chiropractors) you can find. (These have taken me less than 2 weeks to put together with the hardest part of this being....finding the business owners IN!)

If I can show my Sample and Grocery Store Manager Letter to a business owner (or professional)....9 times out of 10...he pops for the $500.

Don Alm...."Idea-Guy"

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page