Go to the Main Business Forum page

Here's some REAL..."Seeds of Wisdom".... [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Here's some REAL..."Seeds of Wisdom"....

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

GordonJ
March 23, 2007, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the good seeds.

I did exactly what you say in my golf shops. I shared my customers. We had a guy who made custom fitted and measured clubs, some guy with an embroidery business to make shirts (he made mine for free)...many courses with discounts, a few restaurants, and we even had a small shelf of Nutritional Supplements.

Now at the health club, they started exactly like you describe...and when they found out how popular these supplements were...they opened up a JUICE bar...and it wasn't long before they were looking for a PRIVATE label to sell their own products under...a long long time ago at a place in downtown Akron called, Alexander's Health Foods, there was a lot of private labeling going on as there was at a place in Long Beach downtown known as FERN's. Both places I learned a little about the business.

But back to golf...YES, exactly as you describe...indisputable experiential evidence by MOI...

I gave away cards for a FREE Video analysis, and got cards for all kinds of things, mostly buy one get one free sort of stuff.

Thanks for the seeds of wisdom on this one Don...and with a little bit of Phil tossed in...to twist, turn and tweak it a little...you pert near gave all of us a mini HOW to market plan for a wide range of products.

Thanks Don,

Gordon Jay Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page