Go to the Main Business Forum page

Your Input on this Idea Please [Archive] - Page 6 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Your Input on this Idea Please

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Lawrence
March 29, 2007, 04:04 PM
Hello Todd,

Congratulatuions for doing something with your idea!

I live in an active community development. Parts are well established neighborhoods, while many others are brand new developments and it thrives.

The real estate activity is very active and competitive.

In spite of all that competition, there are two brokers, who are partners and when you think of selling your home, their names are right on top.

But, they do things that no other brokers do.

A week prior to July 4th, they arrange for small American flags delivered to the lawns of each and every home - actually 2 and 3 flags are set up on each lawn with little tags expressing "compliments of Dave and Bill from Windemere Realty".

The residents like this.

Around Halloween, they arrange for small pumpkins at the edge of every lawn, again with the "compliments of....."

Little monthly newsletters are delivered to each door. They contain what properties have been sold - when and for how much type info.

Prior to start of football season, refrigerator magnets with the entire Seahawks playing schedule (and photos of the two realtors) is delivered to each door.

Now, these marketing activities are not cheap and I've seen the trucks loaded with pumpkins and vans loaded with flags and small armies of kids doing the hand distributions.

The two realtors are NOT members of the chamber of commerce for this city. - they don't need to be, since through their actvities, they are the #1 go-to-guys for selling your home in this very popular community with lots of realtor competition.

Of course, they've been at this for many years!

I agree with Jim Anthony's idea for you.

I, too, would go door to door on the weekends. Have some gifts with you like refrig magnets containing useful info like convenient phone numbers for area parks, movie theaters, public service venues and other easy to access numbers and also your name, photo and contact info.

..............."Hi, I'm Todd, with ABC Realty and just dropped by to say "HI, and welcome to your new home and I'd like to give this little magnet for your refrigerator with convenient tips and numbers for..........."

Just be friendly and casual with basic..."so, where did you folks move from" type of friendly chat. Find out about the local scools so you can inform parents of those and be knowledgeable about any community things that they may want to know about.

The refrig magnet could also have tips about personal and home safety, lawn care, better gas mileage tips, etc... along with your website address and give a business card too.

Also consider the monthly newsletter idea mentioned above. Local residents are always interested in what nearby properites are selling for.

As for your website, I think you're on the right track, but I would make it more photgraphic and colorful.

And, as long as you're at it, offer to sell space to local businesses like restaurants, auto repair, professional services like chiropractors and dentists, health clubs, hair, nail and tanning salons, cleaners, carpet cleaners, landscaping, lawn care -- etc, etc, etc.

These businesses would love to reach new residents in a new, closeby community!

Just get out there and be friendly. This should be no probblem since you're not trying to sell anything at the door, so there will be no rejection to worry about!

Lawrence

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page