Go to the Main Business Forum page

Your Input on this Idea Please [Archive] - Page 8 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Your Input on this Idea Please

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

James Anthony
March 29, 2007, 04:37 PM
Back when I was about 10, my dad was a new Realtor looking for ways to get his name known in our neighborhood.

I'll never forget one Sunday morning on the way home from church, we were driving by a farm that had a big stand out front with corn for sale cheap.

We drove right past it and about 1/4 mile down the street, my dad slammed on the brakes and whiped the car around, saying "I've got a GREAT idea!"

A few munutes later, he had worked out some great deal with the farmer and the family packed our station wagon FULL of corn.

My dad wrote out a nice letter and had a bunch of copies made and drove me and my little brother all around the neighborhood where we would stick 4 ears of corn in each bag along with his letter and set it by everyones front door.

We did this on HUNDREDS of homes and he never got a single call from it.

It's kind of a running joke in our family because his letter started out with "I know this may be a corny approach....." and we now use that whenever someone comes up with a really dumb idea.

But honestly, I still think it was a cool idea and I'd probably try something similar in the same situation.

Jim

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page