Go to the Main Business Forum page

Looking For Sales Advice [Archive] - Page 11 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Sales Advice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

joe_d
April 1, 2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the response Woody.

Being that your propect clientele is roughly 500 body shops, I'd be paying them a visit once a month. Every month. Setup a simple route system.

That's the plan Woody! As we contact the shops we grade them according to their "prospect potential"... A,B,C, etc.. Then I've set up a follow-up system in Access to systematically schedule visits, phone calls, letters, and postcards according to their "grade". A and B prospects will hear from us 2 to 3 times per month (visit, phone call, mail).

Your USP should simply be, showing up continuously. Think about Snap-On or Mac Tool. What do they do. They make a habit of showing up regularly, even if it doesn't convert into a tool sale.

It's funny that you should mention those. We have modeled their approach. We set up a "cube van" similar to the Mac and Snap-On guys. It's kinda like a "mobile showroom" and a "test spray booth" on wheels. the shops seem to get a kick out of it. We use it to showcase products and brochures, and it allows the prospects to actually use some of our products right there in the van.

So I believe we are on the right path in that regard.

Keep 'em coming!

Joe

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page