Go to the Main Business Forum page

Okay.. Need a sounding board. [Archive] - Page 8 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Okay.. Need a sounding board.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

GordonJ
May 2, 2007, 09:34 AM
Hey Pete,

My weekly newspaper is heavy on LOCAL stories, lots of pics. The NEWS is stale, but they try to put a local spin on it somehow.

It too comes out on Friday with a close date of Thursday AM.

What I might be interested in would be a local UPDATE for the weekend...cancellations, are ball games rained out? ...

Is there an event going on that the newspaper didn't cover very well?

AND...on Monday or Tuesday, I'd like to see a capsule report...that would actually beat the weekly paper.
Especially my local sports teams. In the weekly I'll see one or two pics of the ball game.

ONLINE, you could let people post pics of all the events.

It would have LOTS of pics...and as someone suggested, if you allow postings...sort of like a throwback to the eShowcase days...then Granny C in FL could download pics of Chip sliding into home plate.

With that being said Pete...how much of your retirement TIME are willing to spend on making something like this happen? And advertising revenue usually comes AFTER numbers...it might be hard to sell ads for a new untested idea.

With the weekly paper, advertisers KNOW how many eyeballs they get.

It all comes down to how you want to spend your time. MY opinion is that you have a lot more VALUE to offer with a lot less time involved with a higher profit potential as a ____________ (shoot me an email Pete gjabiz@yahoo.com

And I 'll give you a retirement idea that will keep you fishing and hunting 6 days a week. OK?

Gordon Jay Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page