Go to the Main Business Forum page

Newspaper article about "The Promotional Guy". Need advice. [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Newspaper article about "The Promotional Guy". Need advice.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Sandi Bowman
May 11, 2007, 10:22 PM
Woody, my response would be: "Thanks for telling me you saw it. What did you think about it?" Never miss an opportunity to get feedback from a potential customer. LOL Then you can produce the card with "If I can be of help to you (or someone you know), here's my card to refer to. Always glad to be of service".

Ideas to capitalize:

Make up a sheet copy and laminate it to have in the office for others to read.
Create a promotional based around 'We're in the news' and send it off to folks on your customer list and offer them some kind of reward or discount offer for coming in etc. I forget just what you do or I could be more specific but it's a general idea.

You can also add it to a portfolio about your company for serious business inquiries.

Ask permission to quote from it (with attribution) in your advertising. It's the courteous thing to do and gives you a chance to personally say thank you. :o)

Any time you see some other business in town you'd like to get to know better with an article, cut and laminate their article and yours side by side and send it with a caption "Local businesses in the news" or some such. Invite them out for coffee and see how it goes. Network!

Lots more but that'll get you started. Congrats and best wishes!

Sandi Bowman

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page