Go to the Main Business Forum page

Trend Trading [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Trend Trading

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

bobmcalister
June 1, 2007, 11:05 AM
hidden in the post is a link to a good charting site and some brief explanation of one 'system'

VantagePoint's accuracy statistics were computed on out-of-sample price data utilizing neural networks trained on both single market and intermarket data and relate to the Neural Index which indicates whether the average of tomorrow’s midpoint and the midpoint of the day after tomorrow (both unknowns at this time) are expected to be higher or lower than the average of yesterday's midpoint and the midpoint of the day before yesterday. The numerical value of the Neural Index, either a one (1) or a zero (0) thereby indicates whether or not the trend direction is expected to be higher or lower for each target market over the next two days. A Neural Network accuracy statistic of 80% does not mean that eight out of ten trades will be winning trades. VantagePoint is not a trading system that gives the same specific buy and sell signals to all users. It is a technical forecasting tool that is comprised of proprietary forecasting indicators that apply neural networks to market data for the purpose of finding patterns and relationships between markets and then using this information to make futuristic forecasts. Using these indicators each trader determines his or her own entries, exits and stop placements which may vary from those of other traders due to differences among traders in trading style, objectives, risk propensity, account size and number of contracts involved, thereby producing different trading results from one trader to another. Futures and options trading involves risk, is not for every trader, and only risk capital should be used. For more detailed information, please read our Important Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Software License Agreement.

and the site

http://tfc-charts2.w2d.com/forum/

I have traded the emini before and even wrote a little book..sold several copies on the ebay ....it is still on my hard drive I guess

look for the market to HURT as many common people as possible...high oil, interest rates, food prices...basics ....

I had several trades that I did that were correct almost 80% of the time...and discovered that the best 'system' to use is the one the big boys/girls use....and you discover that by watching ..

anyway, my partner closed the account and took all the moolah...so ...dont have a joint account...

have a good one

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page