Go to the Main Business Forum page

Why You SHOULD Get Angry! [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Why You SHOULD Get Angry!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Dien Rice
June 18, 2007, 01:23 PM
Hi Sandi,

I think I essentially agree with your post. I must admit, my post was written in a way to try to "stir the pot" a little... :)

Dien, there's the perfect nonsense argument, if you'll pardon me saying so. There are different DEGREES of anger and what they supposedly induced is only the first, most superficial, degree of anger. In that case their arguments are 'probably' valid. There is, however, no justification for broadening the scope of the findings to include various degrees and types of anger.

After looking at the article (http://www.livescience.com/health/070611_anger_rational.html) again, I think you're right! They do only induce a "superficial" degree of anger, and the participants certainly didn't fly into a rage (I don't think)...

Maybe there's a benefit to this "superficial" level of anger, however?

Actually, it might then also fit in with this other article I saw too (there's a link to this at the bottom of the other article)...
http://www.livescience.com/health/051103_anger.html

Here's a short quote from that article...

"Anger is good for you, as long as you keep it below a boil, according to new psychology research based on face reading.

"People who respond to stressful situations with short-term anger or indignation have a sense of control and optimism that lacks in those who respond with fear."

Anyway, I find it all quite fascinating! I often do find I'm more "motivated" to "get off my rear" and DO something when I am a bit miffed about something...

Speaking of rages, I think I remember reading something in one of Tony Robbins' books (which I've only skimmed, I haven't read any of his stuff cover-to-cover). I think he said something like, when he feels himself getting angry at someone, he makes sure to use a certain word. He says something like...

"I'm very peeved that you forgot to close the window!"

He says, when you use the word "peeved" - somehow, it's hard to remain in a rage for too long!

Cheers :)

Dien
(not huffy or miffed or even peeved - I better find something to get peeved about!)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page