Go to the Main Business Forum page

Comments on RJ's playboy club get together? [Archive] - Page 31 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Comments on RJ's playboy club get together?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37

ThePromotionalGuy.com
July 7, 2007, 10:18 AM
Sandi,

I just received an email from John Reese wherein he explains more about how he got involved, what he knew and, more importantly, what he didn't know at the time he sent the email and so on.

Basically he took full responsibility for the fact that he sent the email and promoted the 'marketing event'. Apologized profusely to not only the folks on his list but, especially to the women marketers who were 'excluded' and so on.

The newsletter/apology was eye-opening in many ways. Thought you'd like to know that he will be going to the event simply because he gave his word to be there and several folks are anticipating meeting him there etc.

I have read this thread with much interest and noted all the outrage from the female posters. But I got to say. Word or no word John should not go.

Admitting quilt, but then going makes John no better than the individuals putting on the party. His apology is a veil and an attempt to keep his subscribers, but still participate.

He should be like other businesses that learn of something that might soil their image and back out. Some have cancelled multi-million dollar contracts, I.E. Pepsi & Michael Jackson.

Compromise is what brings good businesses down as well as it's owner(s). I'd have more respect for any person if they had a conviction about something and stuck to it.

If it's wrong then it's wrong. But now you are giving him a pass. What does that say to the other women who have stood beside your outrage? When did it stop being wrong and bringing down what women have struggled to get away from?

It's like saying, "I'm sorry I took your wallet and used your credit card. I don't know what I was thinking, please forgive me, but since I have your credit card I'm going to continue using it."

The reason John is going has nothing to do with keeping his word. It's about taking his business to the next level. Us men have a way of telling you what you want to hear and saying it in a way that makes you now think it's ok.

The reason I hate this whole matter is remembering what my mother went through during the 60's in Los Angeles, being a single mother and trying to compete in a man's world.

So all the outrage was for nought. :(

Woody Quiñones
The Promotional Guy

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page