Go to the Main Business Forum page

Comments on RJ's playboy club get together? [Archive] - Page 34 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Comments on RJ's playboy club get together?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37

Sandi Bowman
July 7, 2007, 04:12 PM
Jason, thanks for your comments.

I think if you look back through the history of controversial themes, you'll find that, tho' they may take time to manifest, they almost invariably DO backfire on the perpetrators.

The usual pattern I've observed is: hush-hush and ignore the problem and it just might go away (not usually...it usually intensifies when not met with resistance...like slavery, for example, and other civil rights fights later).

Women ignored the ill-treatment and inequities for years until some started to challenge the status quo. The uproar led to changes...and still is leading to modifications over all.

It's an unfortunate by-product that the perps get media coverage in the process...but they also have the light focused on their misdeeds as well...and this, plus the stimulated reactions of the incensed and victims, results in their defeat ultimately.

Rj is a flash in the pan...when the sunlight disappears so will the flash...unless we remove the pan first! :D This is one reason why I would've preferred to see those who have a genuine change of heart follow through with action as well as words.

Sandi Bowman

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page