Go to the Main Business Forum page

Help w/email-related list business idea, pls [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help w/email-related list business idea, pls

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Ravedesigns
June 24, 2007, 08:46 PM
Hey Diana,

I think that's a great idea as I'm working on something similar for my area, and since you don't have to risk a lot to try this in your town I think you should by all means go for it!

My plan for the restaurants in my area is to offer them a free webpage business listing, offer to put their entire menu with photos online for $30 a month, and also offer to develop an email marketing list for them and maybe charge $50 a month for that service.

www.loyalcustomerclub.com does something similar for about $100 a month with drop boxes and forms for people to fill out - but personally I'd rather get them to go online and join a restaurants list and offer an incentive to do so - instead of having to re-enter all their information from a paper form into an email system.

HTH,

Steve Solem
www.ravedesigns.com

P.S. Another option would be to develop just one mailing list for your town and then once you get a number of people subscribed you can charge restaurants to advertise in your newsletter - but I think it would be best for each restaurant to have their own list.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page