Go to the Main Business Forum page

How Do You Find The Peak Value? [Archive] - Page 8 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Find The Peak Value?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Ankesh
July 3, 2007, 03:57 AM
Wow! Thanks everyone for making some excellent points!

A quick follow up post:

1. I do agree with "A bird in hand is better than 2 in bush." I'm most likely going to accept the second offer. But had about 5 days to make my decision in. Extra time just leads to trouble. All the extra time had me thinking about the possibilities.

2. Even though the "property" hit the news, I can't directly affect or control the news. My situation is like: a new McDonalds is coming to town and I'm the person who sells potatoes. News people will write about McDonalds - not about potatoes. There are one or two angles I can chase though. Had a reporter friend show slight interest. We'll see how it goes.

3. The first offer was based on multiplying the past income with a number. The second offer is based on future possibilities. Thats why the big difference. I myself think that the 2nd offer is quite good.

4. One idea I'm chasing is - auction. I myself don't have the skills or resources to setup a quick auction. (Ebay doesn't work in India.) So am seeing if I can find someone who can setup the auction. Will set the second offer as the reserve price. And probably will give a big cut of anything over the reserve price to the auctioneer. Will see if I can find someone like that.

Thanks for helping me crystalize my thoughts.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page