Go to the Main Business Forum page

Getting to Business Owners Cheaply [Archive] - Page 20 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Business Owners Cheaply

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Biztips
July 14, 2007, 12:19 PM
Interesting discussion and I agree that many times the people who need help the most are the least open to the idea that they need it...

A couple of things caught my attention.

You said you were a magician? A young magician I know is one of the most creative marketers I've ever seen, especially in his use of business cards. I give away an interview with him (and a video illustration of how to do a business card magic trick) with sign-ups to my Business Card Bulletin newsletter...

But it's the publicity angle that I wanted to focus on. Just did a lot of research on that for a new book - had gotten some great publicity for an ebook release last year and that kind of free promotion is wonderful - people are much more likely to believe someone who's presented as an expert or who is mentioned in the news.

It's not difficult at all to get local publicity - radio, TV, newspaper - if you're creative in your story idea, and it sounds as if you could be. I think the hook that you're a magician can probably be used, right off the bat, since that professional is inherently intriguing.

Best of all, it doesn't cost you a CENT!

Diana Ratliff, Author
The Publicity Traffic System, http://www.PublicityTrafficSystem.com
For free business card marketing report, magic trick video, and business card discount, send a blank email to: bizcardnews@aweber.com

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page