Go to the Main Business Forum page

Getting to Business Owners Cheaply [Archive] - Page 9 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Business Owners Cheaply

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

MichaelRoss
July 12, 2007, 06:21 PM
Millard,

Thanks for asking questions.

Seems you are asking a few things...

Thing # 1: Where can I find cheap venue?

Thing # 2: How can I market cheaply and get good results?

Thing # 3: Is it possible to Upsell the higher prices services from this workshop?

Cheap Venues: Lots has been covered already. Here's some more... scout halls, martial arts training hall/room/studio, empty Office For Lease, dance studio, wherever group guitar lessons are taught, secretarial training centers, your accountant's board room, and so on.

Cheap Marketing: The tried and Proven method of marketing seminars and workshops is by having someone market it to Their list - either for free or as a JV. And ideally, the people on the list should have already shown a desire for the thing being presented at the seminar.

So in the ideal world, someone would be telling a bunch of business owners, who have already shown a desire to want information on increasing business, that they should be attending your seminar.

WHERE to find such an existing list? That's another question.
How to create my own such list? That's also another question.

Let me throw this out for thoughts... a Young fellow (20) is a Life Coach. He holds Meetings which he calls Hour Of Power. Where you can come for an hour or so and it only costs a twenty spot. Don't recall exactly where the meetings are held, but they are held regardless of the numbers who turn up. Think he might have a small classified ad running as well as some kind of small poster or 8x11 sized flyer at the venue.

If you Blast your marketing, you are most likely going to be disappointed. A funded group spent weeks Blasting their Better Business class. After chatting with them they revealed 5 people turned up - that's 5 out of 2,100 businesses in the area. (If they cannot market their own services effectively, how reliable is any Advice they have to offer?)

Oh, the cheapest way to get to them? A postcard size flyer - you can get four to a sheet of paper - Hand Delivered by you to their place of business.

Upselling: Worry about this last. Concentrate on getting people in the door first. But know this... if your seminar is just a sales pitch, you will P'Off all those who attended expecting to get fair dinkum information.

Michael Ross

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page