Go to the Main Business Forum page

Announcement 2 - Hotsheets Galore [Archive] - Page 12 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Announcement 2 - Hotsheets Galore

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

MichaelRoss
July 23, 2007, 08:40 PM
Ankesh,

Thanks for explaining more about CMS.

you can categorize the hotsheets

I can do this now. I can Bunch them on the one page, or quickly create a special Category Page for them. It might take a Tad longer than clicking a "Create New Category" button. But the time difference is marginal.

allow people to search for them

They can do this now using the Find option of the Browser's Toolbar. And when the number of available hotsheets requires multiple pages I'll add a Search Box. A quick paste of a bit of code and it'll be done.

show "If you like this hotsheet, you may also like:"

I can do this now. When I write the description I can Mention the other Hotsheet. Even, as I already wrote, Bunch them together, if I want to.

"Ratings and Reviews"

I don't care for Ratings and Reviews - like Amazon has. So it's nothing I am interested in.

you could even allow people to add their own hotsheet description

I have no interest in allowing this. If they want to Provide a description with the Hotsheet they can and I'll either use it all, some of it, or write my own. I see no advantage over what's already possible.

You could become the ebay of hotsheets - where anyone can come and sell their hotsheets - giving you a cut

I have no interest in going down this road. I am the final judge of what is or isn't suitable. This is the only way to maintain some kind of standard. Otherwise, what will happen is, every MLM and self-proclaimed Internet Marketer (whatever "Internet Marketer" even means) will offer their lame "how to make money online", "how to grow your downline" and so on, hotsheets. By reviewing each submission for suitability first, I keep control and maintain a standard.

The standard might be different to one you might have, or someone else might have, but it is a Standard nonetheless.

And everything a CMS offers I can either do with ease without it, or have no desire for it. And so I see no reason to go there at this stage. Maybe I'll think differently in 12 months. Maybe I won't.

Michael Ross

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page