Go to the Main Business Forum page

Confessions of a Tightwad [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of a Tightwad

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

GordonJ
July 26, 2007, 05:43 PM
Millard,

I'm not sure I understand why you have to send out so many of these right away...because of the exclusivity being offered? Is it because you want to put this into a "first come-first served" type of thing?

Could you not do that in one section of town, or as a test, the next town over? Instead of 100 dentists (whatevers) you send your HIGH impact package to 5. That probably is affordable to get started, isn't it?

Now I admit, I don't know what you're trying to do. I do know about HIGH impact packages. Last one I rec'd was a satellite picture of my old neighborhood. It came in a tube that begged to be open.

What a kick I got out of seeing it. It got my attention, and he got my return call.

Again, my best advice is to start with the drip, drip, drip method if that is all you can afford to do...and plow back the profits until you get the roaring river of profits.

Try to THINK around this thing, how could you do it different, better, bigger, smaller, in a different package, with an off key singing telegram delivery...and are you prepared for the back ends?

Of course it depends on what you're selling, but I've got NO experience with a HIGH IMPACT package to a compiled list...Good Luck with that one.

Gordon Jay Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page