Go to the Main Business Forum page

Confessions of a Tightwad [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of a Tightwad

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Millard Grubb
July 26, 2007, 08:55 PM
Gordon,

Thanks for the tips. ALL the High Impact packages I have shipped with ONE exception were to people I have never met. Many times I would get calls at 7:30 in the morning asking me for an appointment or an hour after it was received I would get a call. In the cases where I did not get a call, I ALWAYS got through if the target person was there.

The reason I am sending all the packages at once is get the exclusive factor, however, I can see that sending just a few would work at a time. I have been known to drop packages off myself to unknowing gate keepers so I could get the person on the phone.

I'm working on a VERY unusual calling card that I GUARANTEE will not be thrown away and will most certainly get me in the door.

What I am selling is a VERY EXCLUSIVE business development package that is pricey, so I don't mind going through a few steps.

I just don't want to make the mistake I made a few years ago where I spent close to ten grand on a nifty brochure that didn't get me a single booking as a performer.

Hope this helps.

Millard

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page