Go to the Main Business Forum page

In a crunch & need an idea brainstorm today or sooner! (Thanks!) [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : In a crunch & need an idea brainstorm today or sooner! (Thanks!)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Bea
July 31, 2007, 10:26 AM
Hi, everyone! :)

I am wanting to do a publication in a city that I can sell ads on. I want to use only black ink, as that is the cheapest right now that I have found.

I am leaning towards a welcome guide to the city. (Course, I want to do it cheap, but not LOOK cheap! :D

I have two challenges with this:

A) that I need a cover design that doesn't look B-O-R-I-N-G done in Black & White (or black ink with Grey or pink paper)

B) Secondly is the fold & layout...I did a restaurant guide before that was on 8.5 x 11 grey thicker-style paper, but nice b/c it stood up...goal was to have menu on 3/4 of the page,then a coupon at the bottom, but it just didn't seem like it was ever enough room to really make the menu part look nice, as each restaurant only had a 4 x 10 space the way it was folded.

Anyway...I am open to ideas. (I went to google images & saw a few interesting things there done only in black, but it IS a challenge and I'm open to ideas on both design & basic concept.

I know I'm in the right place for ideas! :)

Thanks, everyone!

~Bea

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page