Go to the Main Business Forum page

Ok, got the goods, it's FREE, but what to do with it!? [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ok, got the goods, it's FREE, but what to do with it!?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Bea
July 31, 2007, 07:50 PM
This is a good one, guys!

I know I have another thread going on my other biz, but this one is too good to pass up right now! ~lol~

I live in an area where soldiers are ALWAYS being deployed & a lot of activity as far as move-ins/move-outs. To get right to the point, the stuff I can pick up there set out on the curb is abundant, FREE & you'd be surprised how wonderfully good this stuff still is! Nothing wrong with it, just they can't take it with them. I got a motorcycle trailer given to me when I stopped to ask (I always do if the person is out in the yard...I know, it IS on the curb, but...I like to be polite.) He said Sure, & if you want it, take that, too. (The trailer).

There are beds, furniture of all types, appliances (which I don't feel like taking a chance on bothering with, b/c I can't get rid of them if they don't work.) toys, clothes, you NAME it - - it's all there.

Ok, I love getting it, but I think I am limited on how many garage sales we can have here, the flea market (well, I have a small hatchback, too...you should see it sometimes, though! ~lol!!~) is kinda a ways away PLUS, the deal about the car being kinda small to haul a big enough load to sell enough to make anything.

Any ideas out there? As far as I know (I'm going to double check this, though) there's not even a tradio here. (Should be, though...hmmm...lol!)

I'd like some ideas on how to get this stuff & then make money from it - preferrably without having to pack it & unpack it every Sat at the flea mrkt (which for above reasons isn't good anyway.)

Ok, so Gordon *smile* another way I could "fly low & collect the dough".

Thanks for the ideas & help, everyone! :)

~Bea

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page