Go to the Main Business Forum page

Ben Suarez [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ben Suarez

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

GordonJ
August 4, 2007, 10:27 AM
Personally, I wouldn't allow anyone to post without at least registering...but Dien feels there is value in letting anyone post subjects.

So, to all you who post as GUEST, I keep a very close eye on these posts and have a tendency to be quick on the delete trigger.

In this case, I'll render my OPINION, OK?

I call it the "Bring IT Home Chapter"...Chapter 14 PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER found on most 94-96 editions on page 2-222...the "Harry Chapin" page.

Harry had a song about catching the Northwestern 222 RED eye from L.A. to N.Y. so he could "get home"...anyhow...

What is interesting to me about this Chapter, written in the early 90's, when Ben was manufacturing computers...and developing ON LINE communities before there was a World Wide Web

IS that he says, and I might as well quote him and he's talking about creating a special report, the kind you might find a t www.flylowcollectdough.com (http://www.flylowcollectdough.com) as a matter of fact:

From page 2-224 sixth paragrah in one of my editions:

"... I would choose a special report...that...can be directly accessed by computer".

I, of course, can't speak for Ben and what he'd say now, but I BELIEVE that he would stick by that chapter as a way to get started.

Create an INFORMATION product for a niche group and make it available for download.

Today it is every guru and his sister's Mantra...but keep in mind, Ben said this BEFORE there was the www. Also keep in mind he was a pioneer in ONLINE marketing extending back into the 60's.

AGAIN, I'm not speaking for Ben, but I think he would say to use the tools of 2007. And a Joint Venture email would probably take the place of the 100 or 1000 or for that matter, most, letters sent to prospects.

Tell you what I'll do. I'll ask him this week what he'd do today if he were just starting from scratch, with no money, BUT, with his KNOWLEDGE in tact. I bet that would be an interesting answer, don't you?

gjabiz

PS. Come to think of it, I bet that would be a good question to put to ALL the OLD Living Legends and the NEW Modern Masters. Wouldn't it?

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page