Go to the Main Business Forum page

Ben Suarez [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ben Suarez

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Bill
August 6, 2007, 04:49 AM
Walmart does have an affiliate program through www.linkshare.com

unfortunate luck to post while one of our BANNED person was trying to register.

Sorry about that.

Now that I know who, let me elaborate a little.

SCI is back to being a 100 million dollar company, a few years ago, they went through a "shake-up" and it was costly.

And I like what Dan Kennedy said about losing 1/2 of his fortune in his not that long ago divorce...he got it ALL back and then some in a couple of years.

I do like to keep an eye on SCI and in fact, ALL of our local Remote Direct Marketing companies, big and small.

I SEE the full page ads that several companies run...and then I look at the current Akron Beacon Journal...which was sold not long ago and they are paring down...some days it is just a couple of pages where whole sections used to be.

Is your local daily getting bigger or smaller? I think it is a trend...and the ABJ just reopened up their web site, www.ohio.com (http://www.ohio.com) and are involved in a heavy campaign to get their bread and butter advertisers ONLINE, finally. How is that relevant to SCI?

Well, I do know that SCI and others rely heavily on NEWSPAPER advertising...and sometimes I wonder if they "get" this newer generation.

I don't know, time will tell.

Hopefully, the smart players will USE all the tools, and not just think of the Internet as a small part of thier mix...but get more dedicated to being the online version of the 600 lb gorilla. AND compete with themselves through the quick to act and down and dirty AFFILIATE sites.

Imagine Wal-Mart with an affiliate program? Do you think you'd see some interesting promotions online?

My OPINION is you will see these joint venture advertising campaigns taking place more and more.

But to answer you questions Tom, and since I know a little bit about what has happened to you...

YOU might have better ways to enter the market...BUT, a Special Report to the right niche...will generate some leads IF you are prepared with your back ends...and your upsells, cross sells, downsell if need be.

ONE good thing about information is, once you have unleashed it, it can be working for you for years to come...

I don't think SCI has updated 7 Steps since the late 90's...I THINK it would be time for them to do it...(Maybe I should volunteer? NO, not volunteer, offer my high priced editing services...HA!)

I will ask Ben this week about your question.

My advice, and I think you've already got it, to anyone starting out is to do ONE Hotsheet. Fill it out. Turn it into a special report and work your way up the Educational/Entertainment ladder.

HOWEVER, there are other ways, and since there is the post about Harvey Brody, he may argue that for the same amount of time a person would spend trying to enter the information markets...that he/she could be putting deals together that will make them 10 times the money in one tenth of the time.

Thanks Tom for letting me know who posted.

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. I hope you don't mind the example in the work, I found it to be very instructive.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page