Go to the Main Business Forum page

Question for Austrialians about BHP [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Question for Austrialians about BHP

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

MichaelRoss
August 9, 2007, 05:09 PM
Let me add something about the Stockmarket in general down here.

The Reserve Bank has Increased "Official Interest Rates" five times in a row and, it would appear, will do so again at the next review.

Some people are now forced to pay an additional $33 a month on their mortgage and are doing it tough - of course, that they stretched themselves that tight is their own fault. But they won't look at it that way.

Anyway. Mom and Pop Real Estate Investor will not like such rises in interest and - in my non-financial advisor Opinion - will put their money into the stock market instead. So we Could see a General Increase in Stock Prices.

Are they inflated now? Dien? Thomas? I have no idea, I don't follow it/them.

But according to the fellow whose name escapes me - and I cannot be bothered to double check the archives to find out - he reckons that going by Birth Data the stock market should start going Down around 2008 as Boomers begin Cashing Out and Retiring. Of course, if they don't retire than that won't happen, or happen so soon.

So there's a couple of other things to think about - loan interest rates and retiring boomers.

Michael Ross
www.hotsheets.info

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page