Go to the Main Business Forum page

Setting up a local consignment route [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a local consignment route

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

GordonJ
August 22, 2007, 06:14 PM
Your original post had a lot of "fear" written into it, or so it felt. I could be wrong.

OF course you want to do your homework, and you want to work with people who will pay their bills...but :

"I can see a very cheap distribution channel to sell items, but lots of potential problems if the merchants try to rip you off. Would it seem to make sense to make your first approach simply as an intro to get a feel for the business owner and his honesty, and not even try to place any items at first."

Most merchants that I know (and I don't know them all)...don't have the time to fiddle fart around getting to know you...and they are guarded against being sold anything too...check out their stores...do they have other "racks" in there?

Start with places where you are a customer first. Do business with people who do business with you.

Really, I took no offense...just trying to save you worry and time.

You might want to send Jim Straw a note, I'm pretty sure he wrote (and therefore DID) about rack jobbing way back when, he might have some insights to help you too.

gjabiz

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page