Go to the Main Business Forum page

ATTENTION BEA (and any other "event" planners)...HOT off the PRESS. [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION BEA (and any other "event" planners)...HOT off the PRESS.

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Bea
September 26, 2007, 09:59 AM
Oh, thank you Gordon and Phil, too!

Those were neat articles!

A quick update: I finally settled on a major city within a bit over an hour from my home. I met with the chamber guy & he is very enthusiastic about it, too. (That was one of the things that drew me to this particular city, too, was his enthusiasm!) One of the cities I called was already doing this & I was able to get a brochure from them, which was helpful.

We are thinking to do the event in April of this next year, but he said HE didn't think it was too early to start getting deposits on tables, seeing that the building AND insurance will total out to just under $1,000. (They require 2 million $$ worth of insurance.) I'd be interested in both of your opinions: Do you think it is too early to have the businesses put down deposits? (That of course is still 6-7 months away & I'm thinking like a $50 deposit down to reserve their spot.)

Thanks for thinking of me. Were you able to get down to the event you mentioned, Gordon?

Thanks,
Bea :)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page