Go to the Main Business Forum page

online video - $100 video recorder [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : online video - $100 video recorder

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

stewart
October 12, 2007, 11:11 AM
http://www.salesrankexpress.com/blog.html

"To get ready for that day, I’ve already purchased a Flip Video Camcorder, which Amazon has been pushing for use on customer reviews and is now selling for $100 or less. This beauty and other devices like it are going to blow the lid off online video. In ease of use and quality of output, it is nothing less than a revelation.

If you’re already handy with a conventional camcorder, forget everything you know. This thing has just four controls: a red on-off button, a play button, a delete button, and a circular direction pointer. There’s no manual, and you hardly even have to read the quick card that comes with it. Super simple.

The camcorder has a built-in USB plug, and the camcorder itself acts as an external USB drive. Its editing software is on the camcorder itself. You can run it from there, or just pull the AVI files onto your computer for editing with other software. There’s no tape, no discs, nothing but flash memory. Neat!

But what truly amazed me was that the output of a test video viewed on my computer was superior to anything I’d been able to get from my $500 Panasonic. I finally figured out the reason. The DV format that most camcorders record in is aimed at television viewing."
When you convert it for computer viewing, there’s a big hit in quality. My Flip camcorder, on the other hand, was recording right to VGA. What’s more, after exporting its video from QuickTime with DivX compression, I saw hardly any deterioration at all from the original file, whereas similar procedures had nearly ruined my previous videos. "

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page