Go to the Main Business Forum page

TV + Entrepreneurship Brainstorming Needed [Archive] - Page 6 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : TV + Entrepreneurship Brainstorming Needed

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

GordonJ
October 20, 2007, 11:43 AM
How would you make a TV show about entrepreneurship interesting? So that the mainstream population watch it?

What should the show have that would make you watch it?

Should it be biographical? Or interview based? Or a mix of both?

Do you have any creative idea or twist that would make a good TV show that inspires more people to become entrepreneurs?

(A person I know who works for a non-profit entrepreneurship incubator is in the position to pitch a TV show. I have a few ideas of my own. But would love your opinion...)

Bob Vila's THIS OLD HOUSE. It started as a 13 part series for step-by-step home renovation.

So, your friend's show can start as a 13 part series on Entrepreneurship...each show stands alone on the how to aspect...and the whole series puts it all together.

THEN, you have the videos, VHS tapes, DVD, and WEBTV for when the rest of India gets caught up (and they will)...so you lay down the foundation...that lasts for years. Those original HOW TO renovate an old house are still practical and useful 27 years after they originally aired.

OF course, you would provide libraries with free copies. And/Or, have them in video rental stores even, or clubs, etc.

Each episode can INCLUDE a brief biography of a successful Indian business that applied this week's "lesson" and became successful...the more common the background, the higher the "relate to" aspect.

You can have a PRINT edition follow-up, or offer a NEWSPAPER once a month that covers what the shows have talked about, with additional resources and a source of advertising revenue to help fund the Not for Profit part of it too.

So, you lay out 13 episodes of: How to Make More Money Through Entrepreneurship; Indian Style

The NAME is going to be important, you can come up with that.

So you need 13 success stories. And it would be good to have these IN THE CAN before you got started. A simple set, the HOSTS, the topic:

13 is good because that creates 4 per year...which is why the TV system got set up for...and most TV shows have a 13 or 26 "Buy" by the network...

So can your friend find 13 success stories (and start shooting them) and can you help lay out the program (Follow some of the steps in Think And Grow Rich or any good business plan)...

Start with POSSIBILITIES, move to RESOURCES, or ATTITUDES of Entrepreneurship, SKILLS, TOOLS, well, Ankesh, you can do this in your sleep.

I think with the highly literate population you have to work with, a BOOK or NEWSLETTER...released simultaneously...AS SEEN ON TV, or based upon the best seller...sort of thing...

And add an EVENT to the mix, and you've got the 3 elements needed to do a successful off line launch.

Hey, watch a few of the original This Old House episodes, pretty LOW production values, with high quality content that doesn't go too stale.

Good luck, most don't know that India is about to EXPLODE on the world market scene...and Ankesh, for your own money making future, have something "invested" in INFRASTRUCTURE...you know what I'm talking about.

Gordon Jay Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page