Go to the Main Business Forum page

Is there a "fear" that's holding you back? What should you do about it? [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Is there a "fear" that's holding you back? What should you do about it?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Dien Rice
October 22, 2007, 02:18 AM
You hit the nail on the head, Dien.

I'm deathly afraid that, if I sit in this chair doing internet stuff much more, I'll end up crippled and in a wheelchair due to inactivity. Not what you expected probably, but a fear nonetheless.

In all honesty, I should get well enough to exercise again, lose weight, and get out and do my own thing. I'm working on the wellness and weight things now. So far, so good. Just have to remember that 'slow' is better than 'no' progress.
Hi Sandi,

I agree that lack of movement is a danger of the internet! If it's not part of a person's usual routine (due to work or whatever), it's a good idea to really make an effort, I think, to go out and do something...

I'm not so great at this myself... But when I am good at it, I go out for regular long walks. :)

The other thing is, I think our "modern" diets are sometimes quite lacking! There are often things in our diet that shouldn't be there (like trans-fats, for example!), and on the other hand, there are other things which should be there, but which are often missing!

Modern farming and food processing techniques have given us so many foods - but they're not always wholesome and balanced for what we need...

Anyway, I was just recently reading about vitamin B6 (http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitaminb6.asp). I read that often as you get older, it's more likely you'll become deficient in this vitamin. And that can have follow-on effects - since vitamin B6 helps keep your cardiovascular system healthy, it helps keep your skin healthy, and it's a precursor for some neurotransmitters in your brain (so you can think clearly)... As of yesterday (when I read about this), I'm gonna be more conscious about making sure I get enough B6. Some good natural sources of B6 are apparently bananas, potatoes, chick peas/garbanzo beans, and chicken, though I also sometimes take a B-complex supplement. Some breakfast cereals are also supplemented with B6 (you have to check the little info-panel to see which ones are)...

However, you reallly do have to watch this stuff. Since otherwise, I think you can be lacking in certain important vitamins or minerals that your body needs - even in our modern day and age...!

(I'm a bit of a "junkie" for this kind of info...)

Cheers :)

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page