Go to the Main Business Forum page

Is there a "fear" that's holding you back? What should you do about it? [Archive] - Page 7 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Is there a "fear" that's holding you back? What should you do about it?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Dien Rice
October 22, 2007, 06:27 AM
And yet Dien Does offend people in Certain Ways. Such as making forum changes despite requests otherwise - removing the email address from the old forum for example, and calling it a "test" to Quiet those who wanted it to stay.
Hi Michael,

It was a test - in that I was seeing the reaction, and if a lot of people didn't like it, I would have reverted it back to the "old" way. The impression I got was that a lot of people liked it the new way (with "cloaked" email addresses - where you could still email someone through the forum, but you couldn't actually find out their email address unless they emailed you back). That's because - at least at that time - people feared getting email spam. The "cloaked email" system stopped "robot spam email harvesters" from gathering email addresses from the forum, to send their spammy emails to...

However, you do raise a good point, which is - unless you're sitting back and doing nothing - you can't always please everyone. Sometimes, you do have to make a choice, and no matter which choice you make, not everybody will be happy with it... People are diverse!

Thanks, though, for your thoughts. :)

Cheers,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page