Go to the Main Business Forum page

Not sure about the FEAR factor, however, I do know that confusion, clutter and chaos [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Not sure about the FEAR factor, however, I do know that confusion, clutter and chaos

Pages : [1] 2

GordonJ
October 24, 2007, 09:06 AM
along with; distraction, disorder and diversion of focus...

IS at the heart of many people's lack of fulfilling their potential.

We do all have fears...but my observation, and this has been reinforced recently with those that want to know more about:

Toll Postions, Finders Fees, Remote Direct Marketing, Super Chatteling...etc.

my observation is; DIVERSION of effort is what is holding a lot of people back...and today, it is very easy to get distracted.

Is it because we "think" we might miss out on something? A lost opportunity? Something BETTER is out there, we just need to find it?

How many of you have a PERFECTED written plan? A plan that takes you automatically to your goal, because you have "backward chained" the events necessary to make it happen?

AS opposed to: Having a DESIRE (say for Financial Freedom/Independence) for an abstract idea, or a concept...and chasing after it like a kid chasing butterflies in the field of colorful flowers?

A "perfected" plan keeps you focused, it is the blinders used on horses to keep them looking straight ahead...

It is a PROGRESS report...it is a motivator...it is a stun gun that, whenever you spend too much time looking at the greeener pastures...will zap back to your reality.

It is "old school" as spoken by legendary Earl Nightingale in "The Strangest Secret"...

Keeping a CLEAR eye on the goal and doing the daily activities it takes to "manifest" those goals...

In social services, particularly with "special ed" types, they have things like:

IEP Indivdual Education Plans
IHP Individual Habilitation Plans
PHP Personal Habilitation Plans
etc.

Often there is an interdisiplinary team that meets once a year, and some members of that team will meet quarterly, and even monthly to

measure progress...

Part of the SQ1 has the Personal Program Plan, based upon my 15 years spent in social services...and it is something anyone seeking to focus in on the things that will take them to where they want to go...should put to use.

Anyhow, there could be ways to deal with the fears, and if there aren't one might have to say OH WELL...but if there is an agency, government or whatever that has the say in your fear...perhaps you have an obligation to yourself and to others to wage the good fight against these demons.

BUT, for the most part, I want to encourage anyone who is FLOUNDERING to take a deep breath...put your playing piece on GO (a Monopoly metaphor)...and PLAN out how you're going to be getting around the board...perhaps a ride on the Reading Railroad?...just keep in mind, that sometimes, God throws you off the slow moving train so you can catch a jet to your destination...

gjabiz

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page