Go to the Main Business Forum page

how to set up a coffee news layout ? [Archive] - Page 15 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : how to set up a coffee news layout ?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

karunnt
June 10, 2008, 02:16 AM
I have looked into Coffeenews and come to the conclusion that it is not a sustainable business.

The real business is the franchisor NOT the franchisee. They make some content and sell it to multiple people for a few hundred dollars a month (depending on how many editions they have).

They have a forum where the franchisees talk to each other and help themselves.

You have to pay their fee even though you are publishing or not. So if you want to stop you either have to sell your 'edition' to another person or give it up. The company will not buy it back.

If you look at the history of an edition you may see that they are owned by multiple people. So the company eventually 'sells' the same edition multiple times over the years.

If I were you I would start your own publication. Do not copy the CN layout but everything else is open.

If you can find another business where you can sell the same content to many people on a monthly basis AND change $5000 initial fee for the privilege THAT would be a great business model.

With gas prices skyrocketing there may be opportunities for business that reduce the number of errands a person need to do or brings a bit of luxury to replace the many of the other things that they had to giveup due to rising costs.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page