Go to the Main Business Forum page

how to set up a coffee news layout ? [Archive] - Page 20 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : how to set up a coffee news layout ?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

micropub
July 5, 2008, 11:00 AM
Hello Everybody;
What a great board. I am so glad I found it. I hope I can in someway contribute to it.

Hey Wolfdogg: it sounds like you and I are at the same stage in the game. I also want to do this on my own. I am leaning towards something between a Coffee News and a Tidbits...a shopper without the classifieds.

I was originally writing this post to address what Don is refering to in post #18but having re-read the thread it appears he has sent you a copy so you can see it is totally different thing. I happened to come across it about a month ago.

Your comment about finding the content word for word on the net brings up a good point-Copyright Infringement. I am not a lawyer but my understanding is you cannot copyright an idea. Nor can you copyright a fact. Or a quote. ( I may be a little off on the quote thing.) You can however copyright the way it is presented.

You also address the question of differentiating yourself from CN in your original post. I believe what CN has copyright protection on is not only the layout but how, that is the order, in which the information is presented: news snippets (Everybody's Talking),quotes (Quoteable Quotes) ect. IMHO one should take care not to copy to close. Just like Karunnt states in post #15. I can infer from your posts you already have a good understanding this.:o

In my searches I have found Coffee News, Flying Cow, The Free Weekly Jive, and The Patience News. Then there is Tidbits, The Funny Paper and hundreds of shoppers. Aside from the shoppers, all franchises or business opportunities. I would sure like to learn of any others. Especially any independents out there.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page