Go to the Main Business Forum page

how to set up a coffee news layout ? [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : how to set up a coffee news layout ?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Todd
October 26, 2007, 12:54 AM
Just make sure you don't copy the "Coffee News" too closely. A company out of Canada called "Flying Cow" was sued and had to change their format. I actually looked into doing both of those before deciding I could probably do it myself without having to fork over a ton of cash to some established company.

And it's good to see you posting more often here Don! You've helped me learn to look around "everywhere" for the creative marketing opportunities. I had a thought the other day while imagining the 'captive' audience at the dentist offices looking up at the posters on the ceiling. Has anyone ever tried to sell picturesque photos with advertising to put up there? Then I realized that I'm starting to think like Don Alm! And I'm pretty sure that that's a good thing.

Bob, keep us updated on the newsletter idea. I'm struggling with the feasibility of doing one myself right now. I'd like to see how your's progresses, and if I move forward on mine, I'll let you know how that goes as well.

p.s. I still don't have a format either, but I'm leaning toward two 8 1/2 x 11 pages folded in half and stapled together like a book. Then more pages can be added as needed. The print shop I work for has a new printer/copier that will do full color, fold and stitch automatically so it would finally be a more reasonable cost for me.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page