Go to the Main Business Forum page

Who is janjan? [Archive] - Page 6 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who is janjan?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Dien Rice
February 2, 2008, 05:13 AM
I see I have another friend, Layne.
I don't mind getting PMs, especially if it's someone I can help or someone that's offering help to me.
It's not a big deal, really. But Since the new forum reopened, I've gotten 11 PMs. 3 in the last few days.
I know I'm a likeable guy.
Hi Larry,

I went to delete "Layne" but someone already beat me to it - so "Layne" has already been deleted...

I guess the good thing is you know these are "real people" - since no robots can get past the "captcha" screen they need to pass to create an account... So these people have to send each message manually.

Unfortunately, the only way to be 100% sure of not getting them is to turn off your ability to receive Private Messages (PMs) - which can be done via the "User CP" link near the top left of all the forum pages, then "Edit Options" ("CP" stands for "Control Panel", so "User CP" is "User Control Panel".)

However, hopefully the minor annoyance isn't too bad. It shouldn't get too bad, since as I said, people have to do this manually, and as soon as we know about it, their account gets deleted.

- Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page