Go to the Main Business Forum page

Peter Sun Reckons He's A Wealth Guru - See His New Ad [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Peter Sun Reckons He's A Wealth Guru - See His New Ad

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Unregistered
February 4, 2008, 11:42 AM
I don't get the "reason" for your attack on Peter. Peter is in OZ and most of the audience on this Forum are in the States.

Are you trying to keep "Americans" from buying any of Peter's sruff? Are you envious of his "success" in selling "Info"?

There's no doubt Peter has made lots of money selling "Info" products since 1995. Instead of attacking...why don't you do some "deeper research" and find out "How" Peter has sold a "Lotta Stuff" in the last 13 years.

The Ad you reference, for example. It's a gem of copyrighting...similar to the ads Gary Halbert used to run for his seminars. And...maybe he's running the ad in a "cheaper" newspaper as a "test" to see how it pulls before buying ads in the more expensive paper.

I first met Peter at a Bill Myers seminar in Hot Springs ARK. back in 1995. He flew in from OZ and spent a week digesting Bill's stuff. I spent some time with Peter and got to know that he's a "regular guy" (like you and me)... looking for "things to sell, so we didn't have to punch time cards working for someone else!"

He bought the "Aussie Rights" to all of Bill's stuff....re-packaged them, added some stuff from a few others and proceeded to sell "Business Building" packages for thousands, to biz owners.

To do this he also spent a lot of time learning, "HOW To Sell Info Products by Mail and Newspaper Ads!" When I saw Peter the next year (1996) at Myer's seminar he showed me the "Library" he had put together of how successful people were selling their info stuff. At that stage in his life, he was a "sponge" sopping up every marketing and promotional tidbit he could find.

We stayed in touch for a few years and I bought his "Small Business Marketing and Promotion" package...which he compiled from a number of sources. I took his package and added some stuff to it and proceeded to do seminars for small biz owners in my area....from which MANY benefited.

IMO Peter has "Paid His Dues"! He has studied and learned and applied what he learned to make a substantial amount of money. He has NOT "ripped anyone off" (that I know of) Sure...he charged many times more than what the stuff was being sold for by others. But...his customers were eager and willing to "pay his price".

I remember a few months after he bought Myer's stuff...he sent me the promo materials he was planning on using to sell to local biz owners. I almost choked when I saw the price....$4,900. Then....he took the same promo materials and added a few items and began selling that package for $9,900.

Hey...if he can get it...go for it!

So....I don't know the reason why you posted this, knocking a guy who has been successful "selling Info Products"....maybe it's "jealousy"....or "envy" of a "fellow Aussie" making big bux....whatever.

I think the audience here would be better served if they could see some of the "Successful Promo Materials and Marketing Tactics" Peter has used to sell his stuff. Heck...just reading the Ad you referenced....if someone were to sit down and study the way the words are put together...the way the Ad is structured...the way he gets Attention...then Builds Interest....then Build Trust...then "Closes"....his Ad is VERY WELL DONE (imo) and people could learn from it.

Anyway...got to go.

Don Alm
http://www.midasreports.com
Some of the businesses I've been involved with

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page