Go to the Main Business Forum page

Peter Sun Reckons He's A Wealth Guru - See His New Ad [Archive] - Page 7 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Peter Sun Reckons He's A Wealth Guru - See His New Ad

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

MichaelRoss
February 5, 2008, 02:11 AM
Don,

Thanks for jumping in.

You don't need to Get any Reason for me doing anything. Need to know... and you certainly do Not need to know my reasons for doing anything.

But let me ask you this...

All I said of Peter is verifiable fact. Since when does sharing Common-Knowledge Facts constitute an Attack?

Every month in the Aust BizOp mag he tells his Failed Business Story. He has a large list and would send out his "Imagine This..." letter to them - as well as have it in his Catalog. Nothing Secret I am revealing here. It's all already out there. So repeating already out there Facts ain't an attack.

Sure. You are not likely to go to this event. And I suspect Sun is merely aiming to video tape the event and then Sell It as a Product - nothing wrong with that. It's a Standard Product Development Method.

Some people don't know who Sun is, so I tell them. Those who do know might have wondered what he was doing. I know the ad caught me by surprise.

Either way. The ad is interesting. Read it as an example of Salesmanship In Print.

Back in 1995, the only thing Peter was selling for Thousands was a copy of The Direct Mail Bookcamp - about $2,000 from memory. He was also selling his "How To Profit In A Recession" book, Bill's $30k A Month From Direct Mail videos, Bill's Secret Weapons of Direct Mail video, Bill's Decessionary Economy Video, Bill's Direct Mail Book and his Video Marketing Letter. And also selling Rights to those. (I've probably still got one his old catalogs from back then laying around with those products in it. And there wasn't any Business Building Packages in it for Thousands.)

As for "successfully selling info products"... sure I agree. He has made money selling. I even mentioned it in my first post. But - BUT - it's info he wrote advising something he couldn't do himself - how to have a successful retail/service business. See... he Failed in business then wrote on having a successful business and sold that info. It becomes circular... the proof of what I say is my business, which makes money telling you how to have a successful business. Circular. I make money in Direct Mail buy selling info on how to make money in Direct Mail. Circular.

I have nothing against selling information - or being an Information Broker. What I am against is circularism. The wealthy internet guru whose internet wealth comes from selling info on getting wealthy online. Circular. Those who preach Prosperity Thinking while making all their money from selling books on Prosperity Thinking. Circular.

I have nothing against Info Brokering. Or being like a Journalist or Reporter writing on something. It's being circular I am against.

Michael Ross

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page