Go to the Main Business Forum page

Peter Sun Reckons He's A Wealth Guru - See His New Ad [Archive] - Page 9 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Peter Sun Reckons He's A Wealth Guru - See His New Ad

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

killarney
February 5, 2008, 05:44 PM
I am living proof of the dynamic duo of Halbert and Heid. Around x-mas time 2006. Gary Halbert was actually going to work with me. I responded to his request for people with money. He had tested direct mail projects that needed to be rolled out. I sent the 15k (without an written agreement). To make a long story short once he got the money he changed his tune and wanted me to come up with my own idea for a product.

Then he convinced me his buddy had a can't miss product. Gary's girlfriend by the way was in the ad. More dough. More losses.

Enough of the details. I was too trusting. False beliefs in gurus who I thought could do no wrong.

However, I'm responsible. I should have seen through it. Should have listened to my gut. Everything sounded too easy.

What did I learn?

1) Don't believe without checking things out. Most people want money. I'm sorry but from my experience in this direct marketing business I see a lot of deceit, lies and unethical practices.

And I've seen enough of the phrase "insider secrets." Everyone has insider secrets.

2) I'm doing a direct project on my own. I've studied, read and studied some more. There are no guarantees. You've just got to take action. Either you succeed or fail. If you fail you readjust, amend, tinker and then try it again.

Ben Suarez is my model. If you read his book you'll see that he tried all kinds of things in his basement before he hit pay dirt.

If you are looking for guarantees look again. There is no magic pill. At least I haven't found one - and now I've stopped looking.

3) Don't go goo goo ga ga over the "experts." Trust in your instincts. Tread carefully. Don't believe empty promises.

I read Gary's newsletters and learned from them. Obviously he has a lot of followers and people became successful putting his ideas into action. All I'm saying is my adulation of him and the man he recommended got me buried. There are who they are. I should have known better.

In the end going through the school of hard knocks - although painful -has taught me alot

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page